Wednesday, November 16, 2016

MAKEOVER: FLIP FLOP TO BEAUTIFUL CROCHET SANDALS




It has been so long that I want to make crochet shoes since I see many gorgeus crochet boot and shoes in pinterest. But I still have many crochet project that were piled and negleted and forgoted. So honestly I dont have any confident to start other new crochet project. But because I want so bad to have a pair of crochet shoes, finally I decided to make sandals with very simple model. And yes, I dont regret made this sandals. Even for my standart, this project very fast to make. I finish it less than 2 days. And just takes less than a ball of yarn,too. However, I think the result is amazing. This sandals is just beautiful and very comfortable to wear. And the process is very fun. It satisfied me enaugh so that makes me immediately fled to warehouse find some pair old and ugly flip flop. I cant wait to make another project.



This is it..


For materials soles I use my old flip flops. The important thing soles still worth taking. 


Then, I was sewing the edges rotate with blanket stitch (is the stith name right?). 


Enter the thread on the flip side, make single crochet on a blanket stich last until the end.

At the second row, single crochet again as wide strap sandals desired. Continue until desired length. 

Connect with join stitch, single crochet 3 then 3 chain, double crochet like the picture above. Do it until end of row. Single crochet until the back flip. 


Continue until the trapezoidal shape in the back. Add strap on the side. Well, because I can only read the diagram crochet so its difficult for me to explain in words. Later I'll try to make the diagram. But basically I  just use a single crochet. If you can crochet, with a little improvisation certainly you can do this because this is very simple.


Place the buttons.



Make crochet flower. I will put the diagram next. Sew in the desired location.

And, finish..


I added a row of button on the strap. I think it was good, but my husband not agree with me. Hahahaha.. How do you think?

Again , the process is really fast and fun. I have prepared a few pairs of flip-flops and yarn to make this again. This time certainly I will make a real crochet boot..

                

No comments:

Post a Comment