Thursday, November 17, 2016

TUTORIAL 6: ROUND SLING BAG




Somehow, when I visited fabric store on my town, I picked up a few meters of aida fabric. Aniway it just a half  meter, but in 3 colors. So I was thinking what to do with this fabric since it just half meter. My experience on cross stich just make make initials in my pouch. Moreover, the fabric's just half a meter so of course impossible for me to make a beautiful cross stich scenery wich is worthy to hang on my living room wall. And I’m sure I dont have any patient for make such a big project like this.

Well, since I love to make bags, I decided to made another bag. This time I made a circle shape. For cross stitch pattern I take from this site.

Materials and tools needed just the same as any other project bag..

So, lets make it ..


First we cut the fabric circle with any size you want. Stabilize the fabric with fusible interfacing. For the pattern I use biskuit tins. Measure the circumference of a circle. From the circumference of the circle we can determine the length of fabric needed. I added 1,5” for seam.


Cut the fabric outer and inner of the bag. Stabilize the fabric with fusible interfacing.


Sew a zippers. Place the outer and liner with good sides facing each other. Put the zipper in the middle.


Sew the other side with the same way.


Turn it side out.


Add batting to make good shape. I baste my batting so it will not separated from the fabric.


Topstich both sides of the bag near the zipper.


Make the side of the bag. Place outer and inner fabric with batting inside.


Create a bag hook. Cut 7x10 cm piece of fabric. Fold then fold again inwards. Topstitch.


Add handle hook, sewing on the side of the bag.


Sew body bag to the side of the bag.


Close the seam with bias strip.

Finish ..



Easy right .. Let me know if you have any kind of question.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment